Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lord of the tunes

>The music of Elizabeth: The Golden Age is very loud. Is it intentional to complement the larger-than-life image of Elizabeth?

I have co-composed the music with Craig Armstrong. We had initially composed a very different and slower track for the film. But we thought that was too arty. So we opted for a more pulsating music that goes with the dramatic treatment of the film.

Shekhar Kapoor said that you are refusing to do Elizabeth part three.

Shekhar said it just like that; we haven’t yet started talking on it. Anyway, we are working together for his animation film, Suitable Cockroach, which is a rap musical.

What other international projects are you doing next?

I’m in talks for one international project but I can’t divulge any details at this point. The music of Lord of the Rings, a musical adaptation of JRR Tolkein’s epic book, is going to be launched on December 10. It has nearly 15 tracks.

Any new Hindi films?

After The Golden Age, I’m composing music for another periodical—Jodhaa Akbar. I’m also doing Aamir Khan’s Ghajini, Ada and Yuvraj.

How do you oscillate so smoothly between Bollywood and international projects?

You have to keep different sensibilities in mind according to the change in the nature of the audience. When I compose music for the Tamil Nadu market, I think of Tamilians’ taste.

Why did you cut your hair, it had become your style statement?

When I had gone for Haj, I had to shorn off my hair. My wife liked it short so I had to stick to it. Anyway, I am not planning an album now. When I do, I will grow my hair again.

 

Courtesy: ExpressIndia.com

No comments: