Saturday, May 30, 2009

The world is Rahman's oyster

Inundated with offers from all over the world, AR Rahman now has four headquarters; in Chennai, Mumbai, London and Los 
AR Rahman
AR Rahman More Pics
Angeles 


It's official now. AR Rahman will soon be establishing his base in Los Angeles. He is currently in the process of buying a place where he can set up a full-fledged office in the mecca of movies and music. 

Thanks to his ever-growing popularity, Rahman now lives his life in suitcases. He confirmed this and said, "I now have four separate teams in four cities Chennai, LA, London and Mumbai." 

Strangely Rahman's scores back home have slowed down on their own. Commenting on what happens to his work at home, the busy composer said, "Kamal Haasan's Marmayogi got postponed after I did four songs with him. So, I got some reprieve . Then recently I was in Mumbai and Mani Ratnam flew down to record a song. That's the way he likes to work. Even during Bombay he would fly down to Mumbai for the music as he likes the city's energy. Almost all of the background score of Bombay was done in Mumbai. Even the songs of Rang De Basanti were recorded in Mumbai." 

Rahman doesn't buy the theory that he has done far better work than Slumdog Millionaire. 
"Who is to decide this For the West, it is a change of sound and pace. In India I hear people saying, 'Rahman has done much better work than Slumdog.' But beauty lies in the ears of the beholder . And the West loves the film's soundtrack," he said. 

Coming back to composing music for Hollywood , Rahman added, "The actor Vince Vaughn met me recently and asked me to do the score in one of his films. That was a touching moment. I start work on this project in July. I didn't set out to redefine myself with Slumdog Millionaire. It just happened . For me it's important for my whole team to be happy with my music."

Courtesy: indiatimes.com

No comments: