Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sivamani, Bollywood bound?

Sivamani is back to work after cheering the Chennai Super Kings in South Africa. But is he not watching the T-20 cricket world cup?

“I am missing cricket,” he says, but then, he quickly switches to a philosophical mode and adds, “It’s like music. If you keep listening to it non-stop, you will not enjoy it. You need to give it a break and then continue to absorb its beauty and essence. Similarly, after the hectic South African schedule, I’ve decided to give cricket a break and am now busy with music.”
After the success of his album Mahaleela, he is busy working on Mahaleela-II. “It’s again very personal. This time, I have incorporated what I couldn’t in my first album. The recording at Rajasthan palace will be the highlight. I am proceeding to Manasarovar to do some recordings there too,” he muses.
He’s also working with AR Rahman in his Hollywood project. But Sivamani regrets that he could not be present at the Oscar ceremony. “I had a show for Shivarathri at the Mookambika temple and was praying for Rahman. The next morning, it was a double treat for me. My sister called me to inform that Rahman had won the Oscars and that the Tamil Nadu government was to confer the Kalaimamani title on me,” he recalls.
When I could not attend his post-Oscar show in Kerala, Rahman sent me a message saying ‘Don’t ditch me next time.’
Sivamani says that he will be joining Rahman in the shows that are to be held at Dubai, Kolkata and Chennai.
Known for his ability to innovate, he says, “I am busy rehearsing with my boys, especially for the show.”
Having achieved so much, what’s he looking forward to? “I am trying my hands at music direction in Bollywood. I’ll soon have an announcement to make,” he smiles.

No comments: