Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ashu wanted Ash to sing for Rahman

/photo.cms?msid=2689540 A lot has been written and said about Aishwarya Rai’s beauty; but it takes an Ashutosh Gowariker to discover the hidden potential of Ash’s singing prowess!

On the occasion of the music launch of Jodhaa Akbar we spoke to the ace music composer A.R Rahman and he gave away a sweet little secret to us which we are sure our surfers would be the first to know!

“There is an interesting story behind the song called ‘Mana Mohana’ (song devoted to God Krishna) in the film which is sung by singer Bela Shende. Originally Ashutosh wanted Ash to dub for the song as he believed that she can sing the tune very well. However our dates never worked out. When Ash was ready I was busy recording something else and vice versa. The co-ordination didn’t happen. So Bela went ahead and sang the song”, revealed Rahman.

“Also I have sung one song myself which is called Khwaja Mere Khwaja, a prayer which is regularly sung at Ajmer Shariff durgah. I had composed the song for myself much before Jodhaa Akbar was conceived! I just happened to make Ashu (Ashutosh) hear the song. He loved it and said he wanted the song in the film” added the music composer who is all set to launch his music school soon.

“Soon a press meet will be held for my school”, confirmed Rahman.

Courtesy: Indiatimes.com

No comments: