Thursday, October 30, 2008

'Ghajini' is my first action film: Aamir Khan

Bollywood actor Aamir Khan on Tuesday said that his forthcoming film 'Ghajini', which is scheduled to hit the silver screen on December 25, will be his first full-fledged action film.
"After 'Fanaa'(2006), 'Ghajini' will be my first commercial entertainer in a long time. It will also be my first out and out action film," Aamir said at the formal trailer-teaser release of the movie in Mumbai.
The action in the film is quite special, he said.
"We wanted to release the film during Diwali but it got delayed due to the muscle-tear injury I suffered during the film's shooting," Aamir said.
Aamir, who has sported a muscular build in this film, said that he had to work-out for almost an year to get the physique.
"I started my work-outs during the post-production of 'Taare Zameen Par'. I exercised at least 3-4 hours everyday," Aamir said.
"It was only after 2-3 weeks of training that I realised what I had gotten into. I realised it was more of a mental game than a physical one," he added.
'Ghajini' is a remake of the Tamil film of the same name which in turn was inspired by psychological thriller 'Memento' directed by Christopher Nolan.
Directed by A R Murugadoss, 'Ghajini' also stars actresses Jiah Khan and Asin Thottumkal.


Courtesy: screenindia.com

No comments: