Friday, August 28, 2009

Vikram wants to be ‘Captain of the Ship’



/photo.cms?msid=4920109/photo.cms?msid=4920090

‘Kanthaswamy’ – Vikram's big film of the year has finally released with a record breaking ticket sales. The film is getting great reviews. We catch up with Chiyan Vikram who talks about his movie Kanthaswamy, his dream of working with Mani Ratnam and more... 

Tell us about Kanthaswamy? 
Vikram: It’s the earnest hard work of the entire team that had really urged me to put more and more efforts for perfection. For sure, this would be a special film for all the Tamil Cinema buffs. 

Looks like your dream of working with Mani Ratnam has come true? 
Vikram: Definitely, it’s a blessing to work with such filmmakers. Mani Ratnam and Bala are the best in tinsel town, who don’t compromise with certain things at any extent. Working with Mani Ratnam was a blissful moment. We shot across locales of Ooty, dense forests of Kerala, thickly-populated areas of Kolkata and cold-climatic area of Madhya Pradesh. 

Your experience of shooting for ‘Raavan’... 
Vikram: Mani Ratnam can be best ennobled as a warrior on battle ground, when he’s on the shooting spots. He has everything pre-planned in his mind and knows the limit of reality to be delivered on the screens. He never allows exaggeration to preponderate in the final take. Abhishek and Aishwarya were contrastive in their nature. Abhishek was so jovial who would remain on the sets even after his portions are finished. When it comes to Aishwarya Rai, she’s so professional and encouraging. 


/photo.cms?msid=4920111

How do you manage to portray the all the different characters in your films with such excellence? 
Vikram: I inhale the traits of every character I perform in each film. I live deeply under the skin of characterization even during non-shooting periods. That precisely helps me out in elevating the roles’ traits. 

How about your Bollywood dreams? 
Vikram: Many say that Language isn’t a barrier. Possibly, I would say an actor must understand the language first and that would alone get them right into the feel. All my focus is in South Indian films as I have good linguistic skills in all the languages. 

We hear you are planning to get into direction soon? 
Vikram: Naturally, I am very interested in direction. Every actor has his dreams of achieving the designation of ‘Captain of the Ship’. Working with so many filmmakers Shankar, Bala, Mani Ratnam, I have gained unique experience. Within next 5 years, I am sure to direct a flick. 


/photo.cms?msid=4920114
Tamil film industry is hero-oriented. What’s your take? 
Vikram: Maybe, but according to me, I solely believe and act as per the director’s taste and requests. 

What will be your dream role? 
Vikram: I am performing a role that is close-to-my-heart in Selvaraghavan’s next film. I am curiously waiting for the film’s shooting to commence. 

Are you an ardent believer of God? 
Vikram: Definitely, I put all my trust in God and he has gifted me with success. Hope, he makes me an actor in next birth as well. 

Courtesy: indiaglitz.com

No comments: