Saturday, September 05, 2009

All well between Ashutosh & Rahman


A. R. Rahman is a musician with whom every filmmaker wants to work over and over again.

So, when Ashutosh Gowariker decided to break away from the collaboration after successes like Lagaan, Swades and Jodhaa Akbar, speculations were rife that the two had fallen apart.

However, Ashutosh clarifies that they are still good friends.

"Why I could not work with Rahman for What's Your Rashee? was because I wanted to finish this film quickly. But he was already booked for months for films like Slumdog Millionaire and Delhi 6 then. I would have required a lot of time considering I needed 13 songs for the film. So we decided that we shall skip it this time," he says.

"But I think I have got great music from Sohail (Sen) in this film as well. His father had introduced me to him and asked if I would like to listen to his son. And I was very impressed with his capability," adds the director.



Courtesy: indiatoday.intoday.in

No comments: