Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My role required a lot of nudity: Sonam

After Ranbir, Abhishek Bachchan is Sonam's second co-star. And she's enjoying every bit of his company in Dilli 6.

"Abhishek and I are very well -matched, height-wise. And though he's very mischievous I find him very mature.

While Ranbir is someone I've grown up with, Abhishek is a someone I can look up to as a co-star. He's really cool. In fact, " she adds. "I'm learning so much from all my co-stars in Dilli 6. Abhishek and I, and our director Rakeysh Mehra are so much in awe of Waheeda Rehmanji.

During rehearsals every time she reads a scene there's pindrop silence for a few minutes. We're all busy staring at her. When people, including Waheedaji herself, said I look like her I feel I'll just faint with pride."

Sonam Kapoor is exhausted in Jaipur. She has been getting just about five hours of sleep per day to make up for lost time and for the absence of her co-star Abhishek.

Growing sad she sighs, "Abhishek lost his grandmom and I lost my grandfather. I was very very close to him. And my one regret is I couldn't meet him before he passed away. The last I saw him was about a fortnight before his death. My Nanaji was loads of fun."

The word's out. Sonam Kapoor has said no to a very big project with one of the industry's biggest stars for a topnotch banner.

"The role was extremely sensuous. That's fine, " opines the young eager and talented actress. "But it also required a lot of nudity and there was one major love-making scene.

It was a smashing opportunity for me to go beyond what I've done in Saawariya and my second film Dilli 6. But I can't do anything that I'm not comfortable with. "

Interestingly, both of Sonam's directors so far have been extremely protective of her. "Sanjay Sir would cover me up even when I walked from the set to my van. And now Rakeysh is worse! He wants to see me in nothing but salwar-kameez in Dilli 6." For a sequence Sonam had to get into chic attire. "When I came on the set Rakeysh looked at me, and said I should quickly revert to my salwar-kameez look.

Because of my dad everyone treats me like a child. I can't be doing any role which would make my father, mother and the rest of my family cringe at the premiere.

Call me a prude, but that's that way I am. My father has a 40-year reputation in the industry. And I'm not going to tarnish it."

Thought it's freezing cold in Jaipur, Sonam is swamped in the warmth of Rakeysh Mehra's unit of Dilli 6.

"Working on Saawariya was like being part of an extended family. I'll always look on Sanjay Bhansali as a parent beyond my parents.

Whatever I know about acting and cinema is because I was associated with him as an assistant and then an actress. Here with Rakeysh Mehra it's different, though equally enjoyable. I've been pampered silly during Saawariya. Now I'm learning to be much more professional."

Courtesy: santabanta.com

No comments: