Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I believe in excellence: Kamal


“I don’t believe in perfection, but in excellence,’’ said actor Kamal Haasan.

Kamal Haasan said this while interacting with media here on Monday after attending a promotion programme of his latest film ‘Dasavatharam’ in which he acted in ten roles.

Kamal said that the shooting team of the film had to spend one or two days extra to shoot the combination scenes of Govind (hero played by Kamal) and other characters played by him.

“We had to spent one or two days exclusively for the rehearsal. It took two years to complete the project,’’ he said.

Asked about the theme of the film, Kamal said that there was no story first. “I was given the ten-role idea first and I felt it was interesting. The story came later. I tried my best for maximum perfection. A good film cannot be made only with good story, but needs technical support also,’’ Kamal said.

About the box office collection, he said that there was no such an initial pulling for any film in Tamil Nadu before. “I have not seen or heard about such a huge collection in my career,’’ he said. Film director K S Ravikumar said that the project cost Rs 55 crore. Asked about his beard, Kamal said that it was for his new film Marmayogi.

“Marmayogi’ is being shot digitally with technicians from abroad,’’ he said. Asked about the `bullet curing cancer’ incident in the film, Kamal said he got the idea from MGR’s life. ``It was not just a fabricated one.

When MGR was shot in the neck, it was feared that it would affect his vocal cords,’’ Kamal Haasan said. Reacting to the ongoing dispute in film organisations in Malayalam industry, Kamal said: “Film is greater than organisation. I am a fan of Malayalam films and I learnt a lot from Malayalam films.’’

Courtesy:newindpress.com

No comments: