Monday, March 09, 2009

Kylie Minogue thrilled to work with AR Rahman

Aussie pop star Kylie Minogue says she was thrilled to work with Oscar winning music director AR Rahman in Bollywood film Blue. The 40-year-old singer plays herself in the film, and also performs a set-piece song-and-dance routine in the underwater thriller starring Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt and Katrina Kaif.


"It was an incredible experience (to work with AR Rahman),” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying. "I met AR Rahman at the BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) awards (in London last month). I couldn't believe I was doing a song with him in Bollywood so soon after," she added.


The film is about a sunken treasure ship and is said to have been inspired by the Hollywood production, The Deep. On being asked if she would like to be a part of some of the Bollywood movies in future, Minogue said she would certainly consider.


"I got a lot of love here. Right now this feeling is just sinking in but certainly in future I will do more if I get the chance,” she said. "I didn't know much of Hindi but it does not matter because everyone was very cooperative and I had fun and joy. I Wanted to be part of Bollywood for a while and it was great opportunity that came by," she added.


Courtesy: oneindia.in

No comments: