Thursday, October 01, 2009

Chennai gears up for Rahman’s live concert



Jai HoA R Rahman’s live concert, Jai Ho, is scheduled to be held on October 11, 2009 from 6.00 p.m. The concert will be held at the MARG Swarnabhoomi site on ECR after Mahabalipuram.
Organized by MARG, the concert is aimed at raising funds for ‘The Shakti Foundation’ and in support of the A R Rahman Foundation. Madras Transport Corporation has also announced free bus rides for fans to and from the venue that start from various locations and snake through the city touching various important pick points.
Transport will be available at the following points:
Parrys Corner
MGR Samathy
Central
Saidapet
Guindy
Anna Nagar
Vadapalani
CIT Nagar
Airport
Pallavaram
Tambaram
Medavakkam
Adyar - Gandhi Nagar
Adyar - Indra Nagar
Thiruvanmiyur
Velacherry & OMR
MARG Office, Sholinga
Guduvancheri
Chengalpattu /kancheepuram
Mathuranthagam
Melvaruvathur
Dindivanam
Pondi
Marakaman
Mamallapuram
Kalpakkam
Tirukalikundram

Ticket Details

Donor Pass Rs 5,000
Donor Pass Rs 2000
Donor Pass Rs 3,000
Donor Pass Rs 1000
Donor Pass Rs 500
General Seating Rs 300
Student Pass Rs 200


Courtesy: behindwoods.com

1 comment:

Balasubramanian L said...

I went with my wife spending two hours up and another two hours down. This is the first time A.R.Rahman is appearing in a concert in Chennai. I got Rs. 3000 passes and also gifted to my colleague.

The arrangement at the venue is lot less to be desired. There were unruly crowd and I could not enter the venue. We have to satisfy by viewing the screen display - I was afraid of the crowd and make an quick retreat - looks like I am not the only one.

The organizers have utterly failed to make any provision for genuine fan of A.R. Rahman, like me. Needless to say, this is a waste of money, and our time on a sunday! Looks like we would have enjoyed it from T.V.

My feedback is that the organizers did not live up to the hype - I wish they have paid a fraction of effort in event management at the concert compared to what they have spent on ads and other promotional efforts. Some of the roadside concerts organized during temple festivals are much better organized !

I have to apologize to my colleague for wasting his time.

I am a regular attendee of 'The Shakti Foundation' concerts for the last 7 years - and I thought it will be in the same standard. Not to talk about MARG.

The feedback we heard at the car park from other fellow fans - "W"hy should the organizers do this to fans and Rahman?

We should thank the rain god for being kind and not bringing the rains --otherwise the "SWARNA BOOMI" would have become "SWAMP BOOMI"!!

Revathi & Bala