Friday, October 28, 2011

Ranbir spent 30 days with Rahman for ROCKSTAR

For the music of ROCKSTAR, while A.R. Rahman was of course doing his job and Imtiaz Ali too was expected to participate extensively due to his experience in creation of chartbuster soundtracks for films like LOVE AAJ KAL and JAB WE MET , one wonders whether Ranbir Kapoor too pitched in a little with the music. After all for someone like him who is supposed to be a keen follower of music, there must have been some involvement at the least.

view CELEBS AT FICCI FRAMES FINALE picture gallery
view CELEBS AT FICCI FRAMES FINALE picture gallery

"Yes, I had to be involved but more in the capacity of a follower instead of a contributor," says Ranbir, "Since I am playing a musician in ROCKSTAR, it was important for me to surrender to the film's music. For that, I joined Imtiaz for every song setting that he had with Rahman. In fact I spent more than 30 days with Rahman at his workplace and saw the songs being created up, close and personal. It was nothing less than surreal to see Mohit Chauhan singing those songs that would be picturised on me a few months down the line." 

This turned out to be such an eye opener for Ranbir that he further appreciated the depth of the character he was going to enact on screen. 

CHECK OUT: Imtiaz takes JAB WE MET dancers in ROCKSTAR


"Yes, I had been given a great backdrop when it came to the characterisation but then Imtiaz as well as I feel till date that sitting with Rahman and understand the nuances of music here only helped me grow further," says Ranbir, "I come with a huge disadvantage of not being someone who can sing and this experience only allowed me to feel convincing within myself to play the title role of ROCKSTAR. When you become a part of this entire music-making journey, it only gets easier to perform on the songs; more so due to the (musical) genre that ROCKSTAR belongs to."

Courtesy:glamsham.com

No comments: