Sunday, January 17, 2010

Michael Jackson wanted to work with A.R. Rahman

‘King of Pop’ Michael Jackson had expressed a desire to work with composer A.R. Rahman just two months before he died.

The ‘Mozart of Madras’ who won two Oscar awards for the soundtrack to the hit movie ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ revealed that the ‘Thriller’ hitmaker was keen on making music with him, The Daily Telegraph reported.

“I met him two months before he died and he expressed an interest in working with me,” Rahman said.

“Meeting him was everything and changed my life. He loved stuff I did and I loved stuff he did. He was such a nice person,” he added.

Jackson was planning to collaborate with Rahman for a unity anthem that the ‘Thriller’ hitmaker wanted to use in his planned O2 concert series, the musician had earlier said in his blog.

“He was praising the chord progression of Jai Ho’s chorus. He asked me to compose a unity anthem on the lines of ‘We are the World’ for him. I nodded in awe,” Rahman had written in his blog while paying tribute to the pop icon after his sudden death in June last year.

Rahman who has also been nominated for this year’s Grammys’ is set to perform to about 80,000 people at his free concert on Saturday at Parramatta Park, as a part of 34th Sydney Festival.

Courtesy:thehindu.com

No comments: