Saturday, June 07, 2008

Aamir Is Offering Ghajini as a Package Deal with His Nephew Imran’s Debut to TV Channels

Harman Baweja’s Love Story 2050 and Imran Khan’s (Aamir Khan’s nephew) Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na (JTYJN) are both releasing on the same day. Both films are being marketed aggressively. One way of promoting a film is throug media tie-ups, with publications and TV channels to give editorial support.
Says a source, “Aamir is in talks with some TV channels for the tie-up of Imran’s film and he has offered Ghajini to anyone who will take it as a package deal with JTYJN.”

Harman’s debut was fixed on July 4 long before Aamir’s home production JTYJN, chose the same date to make its release. Now the two newbies are pitted against each other, even though the films are not in the same category.
Love Story 2050 is a mega budget film and has star value thanks to Priyanka Chopra, while JTYJN has been made on a more modest budget and has Genelia D’Souza. Aamir realises that, and so he wants to push his nephew’s film.
Says a source, “Aamir is great at marketing. Look what he did with Taare Zameen Par. And now he has put all his marketing skills behind Imran’s film. He has personally looked into every aspect of the film. From the story to the post-production. When the film was complete, he blogged about his nephew, introducing him to all his fans.”
All the comments made by readers were in favour of Imran, which is fine, but there were many anti-Harman comments which were surprising.” The negative Harman comments have now been deleted.
I am readying myself for my next release. JAANE TU. When I say ‘my’ I mean Aamir Khan Productions’. After Lagaan and Taare Zameen Par this will be our third release and I am keen to complete a hat-trick. Today the first promo breaks on TV.
It should be up on the website www.jaanetu.com as well. This will be my nephew Imran’s first film, I think I’ll post a photo of him. Tell me what you think of the promo, and him.

Courtesy: indiajournal.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey this is maliha i totally believe that jaane tu ya jaane na will be the best coz it stars my dream guy "IMRAN KHAN" i love this guy he is soooooooo handsome i am really praying that 1 day i meet this guy.Imran plz keep a trip to pakistan (LAHORE)

Anonymous said...

atually the upper comment is not by maliha my actual name is nabiya n imran plz plz plz fulfill ma request!!!!! I LOVE YOU