Monday, June 09, 2008

Working with Aamir is fantastic: Jiah


In a short span of less than two years, this sultry babe with an enchanting pout and lustrous locks has worked with bigwigs like Ram Gopal Varma and Amitabh Bachchan.

Actress Jiah Khan, who has now bagged Aamir Khan's prestigious project Ghajini, talks to NT about some of the things close to her heart.

We don't get to hear anything about you these days. What are you up to?

My entire energy and waking hours are dedicated to Ghajini these days. It is such an engrossing film that I don't even have the time to think about anything else. But I am not supposed to say anything else about the project.

There are rumours that you have chopped your lustrous locks for one of the forthcoming films on Shahid Kapur's advice...

No way! I will never do that unless a role really demands it. All these rumours are silly.

If you had to choose between Ramu and Aamir as your favourite director, whom would you choose?

(Giggles) This is a tough one! Each one is a genius in his own right and their techniques are quite distinctly different. So, both remain my favourites.

With your western upbringing and exotic looks, you are just right for the crossover projects. Why aren't you doing these?

I am doing a couple of such projects. The discussions are on, but till the time I actually sign these, it won't be appropriate to talk about them.

You were quite bowled over by Big B after Nishabd. Who are the other industry men who are hot according to you?

I haven't worked with many of them to comment on them. But yes, I find those who are not married, quite hot. Shahid for one, is a wonderful guy to work with.

You are doing quite a few stunts these days for your films. Is it because your role model Angelina Jolie also does her own stunts?

Yeah, maybe! Angelina's stunts are quite awe-inspiring. I also like the way she lives her life on her own terms and I admire her concern for children and animals.

Doesn't it scare you sometimes that you might get hurt?

It maybe scary at times but unless you do your own stunts, you can't convince the audience about the depth of your emotions on screen. So, you have to go for it. After all, it is for a cause.

Grapevine has it that you will be appearing in Dhoom:3. Are you ready to change your image for that?

It's not confirmed as yet. But, if it comes through and the role demands it, I don't mind changing my look completely.

One recent movie that you really liked...

Taare Zameen Par. There wasn't a single minute when I didn't cry during that movie. I felt completely drained out emotionally. And when the lights were switched on in the theatre, I saw that all the people had tears in their eyes.

And what do you have to say about Aamir Khan?

Meeting him and working with him is an experience in itself. As a director he's fantastic. I absorb any advice or input that he gives me. He's a wonderful person too.

Who's the lucky man in your life?

I am not very comfortable talking about my private life but I will say just one thing 'I am so happy these days'!

What about your singing aspirations? After all, you are a trained opera singer.

I play piano and sing and dance at home. But that's a very private thing. These things help me to destress.

Courtesy: timesofindia.com

No comments: