Monday, June 16, 2008

I went missing for six months: SJ Suryah


ECCENTRICITY never eludes SJ Suryah. Proverbially turning adversity-into-opportunity, he calls himself a rare breed it’s hard to ignore. “Tell me who has thought of doing movies like New and Vaali here,” he challenges.

But those will be history now as the actor says he will not make such movies again. “I would never call my movies vulgar, but a section of the society seems to have found it that way. I’m not going to hurt anybody, anymore.”

In fact, he ponders over it for a minute and even confesses saying he did go overboard. “In New, I think I went overboard with Kiran’s character. It was my mistake.”

SJ is currently working on Newtonin Moondram Vidhi (NMV), an action flick directed by Thai Muthuselvan. “It’s my last movie as an actor in another director’s movie,” he declares. The movie is slated for an August release.

Call it insecurity or meticulous planning, Suryah says he has decided what he what he needs to do for his next ten years. Six months before he agreed to do Newtonin Moondram Vidhi, he went ‘missing’.

“I decided I had to chalk out a plan for my future. For six months, I lived in a farm house in a remote village in Tamil Nadu and eked out my plan for the years to come,” he reveals.

And the result of that is the list of movies he has already decided for himself. With his Tamil movie Vil being shelved, all focus shifts to Telugu where SJ Suryah is directing Pawan Kalyan in Puli, a cop story.

“I will be doing the Tamil remake of Puli once I’m done with NMV and the Telugu version,” he says. Cop Puli, it seems, will be the story of a Gandhi in Khakee or a Christ in Khakee.

The other movies of his tenyear- plans include Isai, a musical thriller, and an animation movie for kids. “There’s novelty in the theme of Isai with it being a musical thriller. Meanwhile, the animation movie will have me feature along with animals.”

While he hasn’t finalised on the cast for his movies, one person will constantly accompany him: AR Rahman. “We’ve worked together in Ah Aah and New and I’m glad with what he gave my movies. He will be with me in Puli and Isai, in which music plays a very important role,” he explains.

In an industry where you are only as good as your last movie and movie plans happen one at a time, SJ Suryah has a long list of movies pending. But whoever said SJ is just any other hero/director?

Courtesy: newindpress.com

No comments: